Decanter World Wine Awards: Germany's Pinot Noir Best in Show
The Martin Waßmer Winery from Bad Krozingen, Germany, received the most prestigious "Platinum-Best in Show"-Award. The respective dry wine was a 'Schlatter Spätburgunder 2014' (PinotNoir) with 95 points.
Three additional German wineries received the "Platinum"-level for their wines/sparkling wines
- Dr. H. Thanisch (Mosel), with Riesling Spätlese 2015
- Reichsrat von Buhl (Pfalz), with Sekt Reserve Brut (sparkling wine)
- Weingut Fitz-Ritter (Pfalz), Riesling Große Lage 'Ungsteiner Herrenberg' 2015
Seven additional Gold medal winners from Germany achieved 95 points:
- Balthasar Ress (Rheingau) with Riesling 2015 from 'Hallgartener Hendelberg'
- Hessische Staatsweingüter (Rheingau) with Crescentia Steinberger Riesling Spätlese 2015
- Dr. Heger Estate (Baden) with Spätburgunder 'Vorderer Winklerberg' Grosses Gewächs 2014
- Fitz-Ritter Estate with Riesling GG Dürkheimer Michelsberg 2015
- Karl May Winery (Rheinhessen) with Riesling 2015 Osthofener Goldberg
- Martin Waßmer Winery with Schlatter Spätburgunder 2013
- Nikolaus Köwerich Winery (Mosel) with Riesling Spätlese 2004.
More wine news