Outlook 2023: Wines of Germany Events and Topics
One highlight in 2023 will be hosting the IMW’s 10th international symposium from 29th June to 2nd of July 2023.
Inspiring wine trade and influencers
In order to effectively accompany all measures, social media activities play an important role, as does the communicative support of the various DWI measures by travel- and lifestyle-journalists, bloggers and influencers.
Furthermore, the wine trade will be inspired by the work of the DWI just as much as the gastronomy. Domestically, the main focus here is on restaurants and bistros. With regards to their individual menus, they are informed about suitable wines from the 13 German wine-growing regions. Upscale gastronomy will also be an important target group abroad in order to consolidate the image gain of the last few years.
Exemplary measure & -keywords: ( see also German langugage pdf p.28 ff):
WINES of GERMANY PARTICIPATION - FAIRS 2023
- Wine Professional Amsterdam 9th – 11th January 2023
- Vinexpo Paris 13th – 15th February 2023
- ProWein Düsseldorf 19th – 21st March 2023
- China Food & Drinks, Chengdu, end of March 2023
- ProWein Hong Kong 10th – 12th May 2023
- Chef-Sache, Düsseldorf, October 2023
- ProWine China, Shanghai, November 2023
- HKIWSF Hong Kong, November 2023
PARTICIPATING IN CONSUMER FAIRS 2023
- Münich, WeinTour 25th – 26th March 2023
- Warsaw, Eurogastro 18th – 30th March 2023
- Zürich, Das ZELT Wyfäsch Zürich 22nd April 2023
- Haarlem Culinaire 3th – 6th August 2023
MEET THE WINEMAKERS HERE
Despite increased online offers, the popularity of the international table presentations with producers and importers is unbroken. For many years they have contributed to expanding the positioning of German wines in foreign markets.
In addition to the opportunity to get to know the producers personally, the multipliers from trade, gastronomy and the media appreciate the wide range of typical regional grape varieties, which, in addition to Riesling, Silvaner or the white and red Pinot varieties, also include sparkling wines and rosé wines. In 2023, the presentations are planned in 11 cities around the world:
INTERNATIONAL TABLE PRESENTATIONS 2023
- The Others, Oslo February 2023
- Riesling & Co Beijing 25th April 2023
- Riesling & Co Nanjing 27th April 2023
- Riesling & Co, Tokyo 15th May 2023
- Riesling, Pinot & Co, Prague, May 2023
- Riesling & Co Wuhan 17th May 2023
- Riesling & Co Shenzhen 19th May 2023
- Riesling, Pinot & Co., Utrecht 26th June 2023
- Copenhagen, date pending
- Stockholm, date pending
- Prague, date pending
INTERNATIONAL THEME WEEKS 2023
- Norway (all year) 13, the lucky number
- Finland, May 2023 Riesling & Pinot Noir Weeks
- Denmark, May 2023 Riesling Weeks
- Sweden 29th May - 11th June 2023 Riesling Weeks
- Poland, June/July 2023 Riesling Weeks
- Hong Kong, June 2023 Riesling Weeks
- Netherlands, June 2023 Riesling Weeks
- Switzerland, 13th - 24th June 2023 Taste.Love.Riesling
- Japan, April to July 2023 German Wine Weeks
- China, June/July 2023 Summer of Riesling
- Great Britain, July 2023, 31 Days of German Riesling
DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL THEME WEEKS IN GASTRONOMY AND TRADE
ACTION PLAN FOR GASTRONOMY AND TRADE (German language)
IMPORTERS‘ MEETINGS (powered by Wines of Germany)
EXPORT CONSULTATION (for German winemakers)
The need for advice on a wide variety of export issues is constantly increasing. The DWI – like the DWI representatives abroad – will also be available to companies interested in exporting in 2023 for individual consultations. In addition, the export portal managed jointly with the Trier Chamber of Industry and Commerce will be updated further.
SEMINARS AND TUTORING
GERMAN WINE PROFESSIONAL (German language skills required)
The globally renowned "Institute of Masters of Wine" (IMW) will move part of its top-class training to Germany for the first time in 2023. In Neustadt an der Weinstraße, around 40 prospective Masters of Wine from all over Europe, and some from beyond, are trained for a week. Together with Pfalzwein e.V., the city of Neustadt and the VDP, the DWI will ensure that German wine is promoted in seminars, excursions and tastings.
GERMANY's WINE CHAMPION
The "WeinChampion" readers' competition, which was successfully initiated in 2017 with Germany's leading gourmet magazine "Der Feinschmecker", will be held again in 2023. The participants qualify in preliminary rounds. The final will take place in Frankfurt again. There is extensive reporting in "Feinschmecker" and other print and online media. The younger target group is reached via the magazine "Foodie".
Since 2016, the incumbent German Wine Majesties have also been patrons of the non-profit association Wine Saves Life e.V., which supports children and youth welfare projects in Germany and abroad. Wine Saves Life is the only organization in the world whose members and donations come primarily from the wine industry and from those interested in wine. The DWI has been supporting the association for many years, for example through various fundraising campaigns.