Green Peppers and Beef
German Wines and Asian Cuisine
CHINA Stir-fried Green Peppers and Beef
Wine Recommendation: Silvaner, Riesling Kabinett or Spätburgunder.
Green pepper 2
Red pepper 1/2
Garlic 3 cloves
Ginger 3 slices
Raw egg 1
Oil 2 tbsp
1 tbsp of each: oyster sauce, Chinese rice wine, light soy sauce, corn flour
1 tsp of each: dark soy sauce, vinegar, sugar
1. Shred beef into strips, add oyster sauce, rice wine, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, raw egg white and corn starch, mix well and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Chop garlic, shred green and red peppers.
3. Heat a pan with oil over a high heat, add beef strips, stir until the beef turns brown and take it out.
4. Add garlic, ginger and peppers in the pan, stir quickly, and add the beef strips.
5. Add vinegar and sugar, and cook for 2 minutes.