German Wines and Asian Cuisine
CHINA Kung-Pao Chicken
Wine Recommendation: Riesling Kabinett or Dry Sekt.
Chicken breast 500g Cucumber 1/2
Soybean paste 2.5 tbsp
Dried chilies 3
2/3 tbsp each of: rice wine, light soy sauce, oil
1 tbsp each of: vinegar, honey, oyster sauce
1 tsp each of: salt, sugar, corn flour
2 tbsp water
1. Cut chicken breast into small pieces, add rice wine, light soy sauce, salt, corn starch and marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Heat a pan with oil over a high heat, add chicken and stir until the chicken turns brown and then remove chicken.
3. Cut cucumber and carrot into small pieces.
4. Heat the same pan with oil over high heat, add chilli and soybean paste, and stir for 10 seconds.
5. Add cucumber and carrot, and stir until cooked.
6. Add chicken, add the vinegar, sugar, honey, oyster sauce and 30ml water, and continue frying until the juice is drained.
7. Add peanuts, stir for a few seconds then quickly turn off the heat.