German Wines and Asian Cuisine
CHINA Mapo Tofu
Wine Recommendation: Riesling Spätlese or Lemberger.
Minced pork 100g
Spring onion 1
Chili soybean paste 2 tbsp
Light soy sauce 2 tbsp
Corn starch 1 tbsp
Oil 2 tsp
White pepper 1/2 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Water 100 ml
1. Put minced pork in a small bowl, add white pepper and salt, and marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Cut tofu into cubes of about 2cm. Chop spring onion.
3. Heat a pan with oil over a high heat, add minced pork and stir. When the minced pork turns brown, add chili soybean paste.
4. Add soy sauce and 100ml water.
5. When the sauce boils, add tofu and water until the tofu is covered. Simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add corn starch, stir quickly.
7. Sprinkle with chopped spring onions.