German Wines and Asian Cuisine
CHINA Spring Roll
Wine Recommendation: Dry Riesling.
Spring roll wrapper 30
Oil 4 tbsp
Corn flour 2 tbsp
Salt 1 tsp
Chinese rice wine 1 tbsp
Raw egg 1
PREPARE THE SPRING ROLL FILLING
1. Shred pork, add salt, rice wine and egg white, stir well.
2. Shred and drain mushroom and carrot.
3. Heat a pan with oil over a high heat add pork strips, stir until they brown, add mushroom and carrot, stir until soft.
4. Add 500ml water and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Add corn flour stir quickly until completely incorporated with no lumps, and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Cool the filling and refrigerate for 1 hour.
MAKE & FRY SPRING ROLLS
7. Spread about 50g of filling evenly in the center of each wrapper.
8 .Fold the spring rolls over on all sides, making sure no filling is exposed.
9. Heat a pan with oil over a high heat, put in the spring rolls and fry until golden.
10. Place spring rolls on kitchen towels to drain off excess oil.