German Wines and Asian Cuisine
CHINA Steamed Scallops with Vermicelli
Wine Recommendation: Dry Riesling or Grauburgunder.
Mung bean vermicelli 1 bundle
Garlic 12 cloves
Oil 2 tbsp
Chinese rice wine 1.5 tbsp
Light soy sauce 1 tbsp
Fresh chilli 1
Spring onion 2
1. Clean the scallops, take out the scallop meat and marinate in the rice wine. Wash the shells.
2. Mash the garlic, mince the spring onions and the fresh chilli.
3. Heat a pan with oil over high heat, add garlic and fresh chilli, stir for 1-2 minutes, then put it into a bowl, add light soy sauce and mix well to make the garlic paste.
4. Place the vermicelli in a bowl and soak in warm water for 5 minutes until soft.
5. Take the scallop shells, arrange the vermicelli across these, and place a scallop on each.
6. Pour the garlic sauce evenly over the scallops.
7. Steam the scallops for 6 minutes.
8. Sprinkle with chopped spring onions.