Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs
German Wines and Asian Cuisine
CHINA Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs
Wine Recommendation: Riesling Spätlese, Dornfelder or Spätburgunder.
Pork ribs cut in pieces 1kg
Vinegar 6 tbsp
Sugar 4 tbsp
Light soy sauce 4 tbsp
Rice wine 2 tbsp
Sesame seeds 1 tbsp
1. Soak ribs in warm water for 10 minutes to drain the blood. Drain ribs with kitchen towel.
2. Heat a pan, add ribs, and stir for 10 minutes until the ribs turns brown.
3. Add vinegar, sugar, light soy sauce, rice wine, pour water until the ribs are covered.
4. Cover the pot and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the lid, turn to high heat and cook the ribs for another 5 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!