German Wines and Asian Cuisine
JAPAN Teriyaki Chicken
Wine Recommendation: Spätburgunder, Dornfelder, Off-dry Riesling, Riesling Kabinett or Scheurebe.
Chicken thighs 2 (600g)
Soy sauce 1.5 tbsp
German white wine 2 tbsp
Honey 1.5 tbsp
Cooking oil 1 tsp
Vegetable as a side dish
A handful of Mitsuba
1. Remove excess fat from chicken thighs. For thick parts, make an incision with a kitchen knife and lightly spread to adjust the thickness. Mix the honey, soy sauce and water together for the sauce.
2. Add cooking oil to a frying pan and add the chicken thighs with the skin side down. Heat on medium heat. Fry for about 3 minutes, until excess fat begins to melt. When the meat is cooked, turn it over and fry for another 2 or 3 minutes.
3. Remove the excess fat from the pan with a paper towel, then add the Teriyaki mixture and grill with a glaze of sauce.
4. Remove the chicken from the pan, leave it for 4 or 5 minutes to allow the sauce to reduce, then cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
5. Serve with your favourite vegetables and cover with the remaining sauce.